Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's official

I made a Tumblr account, so now, if you so desire, you can see more art stuff from me, and follow the updates there.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/klunkyboots

Honestly, this is mostly because I'm kind of floundering. I've spent the last six months trying to get a tattoo apprenticeship, and the last year and a half trying to do something real with my art. Tumblr is a good way to get my art further "out there" and maybe create an actual audience/market for my stuff, from what I've learned in spite of trying to pretend it doesn't exist due to my hatred and disdain for most of the people I know that use it.

Art is really the only thing I actually want to do. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, and since I was like nine or ten years old, I've been actively working to improve and expand what I can do, and because of that, my art is pretty good. Not great, but pleasing to look at and still improving. And spending so long with no practical results is starting to wear on me.

It's hard to want to make art when everything in me feels so gross ninety percent of the time. Art can save you sometimes, from whatever is going on, but sometimes it's too far away to reach.

So once I stop mechanically doing hand studies and anatomy practice that no one is ever going to see, I'll try and start posting real work again. Maybe finish the four or five pieces I started ages ago. In the mean time, I'll keep dragging my portfolio around the city and smiling hopelessly while every artist I talk to says my work is good and full of potential, but they still don't want me.


Sorry. That got way too personal. I hate writing about garbage like that here. But it's written so, why not hit post and get on with my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment